Vayigash – ויגש
December 11, 2021
Genesis 44:18-47:27; Ezekiel 37:15-28; John 10:11-19
Torah Portion “ויגש/Vayigash” which means “And he drew near” and begins, “And Yehuḏah came near to him and said, “O my master, please let your servant speak a word in my master’s hearing, and do not let your displeasure burn against your servant, for you are like Pharaoh.”
Our message today is for ALL Israel – ALL those within this faith. Pastor Richard teaches that the concept of the portion “Vayigash” is “will approach” or “draw near.” The deeper theme of the portion is the revealing of Messiah through Joseph, and the joining of the gentiles through Ephraim.
Pastor poses the following questions:
– What is the location of their joining together?
– Why did Joseph save his brothers?
– Was it because they were righteous, or that they deserved to be saved?
– Did Joseph remember the promise that Abraham was given about the nation being in slavery?
– What was required of the nations coming to Egypt for food?
– How would we act if the government was asking for our money, land, and finally our selves as slaves?
Pastor Richard answers all these questions in the portion this week.
Our Haftorah teaching is delivered by Brother Mark from Ezekiel 37:15-28, and the New Covenant E-drash is delivered by Ro’ah Alpha from John 10:11-19.
Full Service Video:
The video above contains the entirety of our service day, beginning with our Blessings and Worship portions.
To jump to the Teachings Section, CLICK HERE.